Ok, so time to upgrade to 9.10 has come but here are two things to poimt out that effected me:
Firstly, if you’re using the 180… nVidia drivers, it’s likely there will be a problem with the installation of the 185 kernel, but don’t worry, this sorts itself out during a repair or on reboot automatically, so don’t worry about sending a report on it.
Secondly, you may now see that your super cool boot screen has gone and become rather dull… but never fear, it’s actually become a bit more powerful, it’s just that the tools to edit it normally aren’t available just yet.
Here’s what you do…
- Log out of you account (taking you back to the login screen)
- Go to a terminal (i.e. Ctrl + Alt + F1)
- Login with your normal account
- at the prompt now, type:
- Now type:
sudo -u gdm gnome-control-center
- Switch back to the gdm screen with Alt + F7
- Now you should have the gnome-control-center loaded and ready for you to configure
- Click on Appearances and have fun tuning your display
- Finally, close it and log back in normally.
Now we just gotta wait for the new customized GDM’s to come out, but at least not while looking at a dull login screen.